Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spring cleaning



I know, I know, I live in New Zealand and it is not actually spring but I need to sort out my life and I need something to spur me on.

Today it is unseasonably warm  - actually what would I know?! I haven't lived here long enough to know what the weather should be like!  Anyway it's warm, sunny and feels like spring. And in spring you de-clutter, tidy and clean. And that is me in the month of May 2010.

First the overflowing paperwork drawer, and the tangle of spoons and other crap paraphernalia that lives in my second kitchen drawer. Then it is drawer by drawer, cupboard by cupboard, room by room through the whole house. We've only been in it for nine months but boy is it a mess.


Along the way I am going to test out all the advice I can find on blogs and self help sites and let you know what I think works and what doesn't.  I am a messy, lazy, domestically challenged, busy mother who actually hates clutter and mess - the perfect crash test dummy.

By the way the photograph was taken a few years ago in London's beautiful Richmond Park - in spring. When spring sprang in the UK it really was the most wonderful feeling that you never get in NZ or Australia. That first day in March or April when you can feel the sun's warmth after months of weak, watery sunlight is magical.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent. The pursuit of uncluttered unhappiness is a fine one, I routinely endorse! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I am totally domestically challenged but every autumn I spring clean! I find the house looks wonderful for 6 weeks OK for 8 weeks passable for 2 weeks then really dreadful but it is spring and time to do it all over again and so goes the never ending story of my house work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's incredible how much better you can feel with an orderly house. Particularly when you're a mum and chaos reigns! Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must confess, I have a drawer just like yours. I too get a bit stressed when the clutter overwhelms. I good clean out is very carthartic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write, Ann x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails