Monday, August 16, 2010

Liking...

I am rather liking this...
From West Elm via Lonny magazine. And I am also rather liking these on my wall.
Yes the pictures I showed you last week are done and not only in frames but on the wall. But wait, like a bad commercial, there's more. I started with this.... 
It doesn't look too bad outside on a lovely sunny day but it was really not that nice. I liked the shape and size and height and price, I just didn't like the whole el cheapo honey-pine thing. And it came from a shop stacked with so much el cheapo honey-pine furniture that you would sear your eyeballs if you stayed too long. So sandpaper, a paint brush, primer, paint and Me and you get this...
Yesterday to reward myself, instead of the black vases which wouldn't last a week on that table,  I brought home a bit of winter greenery.   
Hydrangeas are my favourite flower and seem to do pretty well inside. Our villa is heated to a nice average temperature of 21 degrees. I like it like that and so does the hydrangea. The last one stayed for six months and the blooms slowly turned from white to a lovely pale shade of green.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Ann, I am so impressed with your handiwork! Bravo you. It takes a real eye for design to see the bare bones and imagine something beautiful out of the mundane. At least your Sam is old enough not to pull everything out of the shelves, unlike mine:) J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular job Ann. Who needs West Elm anyway! I'm loving your framed photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks terrific, Ann. The framed photographs are gorgeous but how nice is that pine cabinet now! And to be honest, flowers would be my preference over the West Elm pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the image from Lonny magazine and your new TV area - very nice! Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job Ann!!! I love what you've done with the TV cabinet it looks fantastic and SOOOoo much better than the pine colour. I love hydrangers too!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prints look great and so does the TV cabinet. You have done a great job and deserve that pretty reward. It all looks perfect together! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Your TV spot looks fantastic Ann. I love the prints and the entertainment unit looks gorgeous..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The painted unit and pictures and hydrangeas look magnificent. No, I'm not exaggerating, magnificent. I'm so impressed by how you transformed the TV cabinet from only passable to elegant dignity

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been busy! Love it all, the hydrangeas add the perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great transformation on the cabinet, what a difference a bit of paint can do. Thanks for the tip on the hydrangeas, i love them too and never seem to make the last.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write, Ann x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails