Thursday, June 24, 2010

Black moments...

This is Vogue Australia's editor Kirstie Clements' home. You might be looking at the incredible Moroccan inspired tiling job which is fabulous and all you'd expect from Ms Vogue (you can read all about on here at The Design Files) but I am looking at the chairs.
 And once you start looking for black chairs you find them everywhere.

This is Canadian designer and decorator Tommy Smythe's kitchen which I found here.
He's Sarah Richardson's sidekick and I suspect more talented than he is allowed to be on Sarah's shows... he's her witty 'yes' man and always gives in to the boss's whim on wall colour or tile choices. Apparently he doesn't cook much in this room but I bet he sits down on those chairs occasionally.

So here are the colour chart choices for my chairs. I was hoping for charcoal grey/black. 
I've decided on the one in the middle - Resene's Jaguar.  Just have to wait for a break in the weather....

(Image 1 The Design Files, Image 2 Living Etc, Image 3 & 4 House & Home)

10 comments:

  1. You're right, sometimes when you start looking for, or purchase an item, they do start appearing everywhere!
    These are all such lovely pictures.
    I hope the weather is kind to you very soon.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colour will look sensational Ann! Nice and dark and moody - delicious! Now, get painting so we can see all the pretty 'after' pics! K xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I have beautiful black philippe starck chairs - it looks gorgeous, can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all three colours - looking forward to seeing how they turn out. You've now reminded me of the paint I bought a few weeks ago to turn a wooden mirror silver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love black! Can't wait to see your chairs done will look gorgeous. All those pics are stunning.
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little bit of black is a very good thing. Your chairs are going to look fabulous. Can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chairs will look fantastic black.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been looking for black chairs for my dining room as well...I have black bentwoods but I wanted something a little more formal. Looking forward to seeing yours! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dark colors gives a feel of sensation...gives a delicate look. i like kitchen the most , simple and beautiful....location villa costa blanca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear... I am really going to have to paint them!!! Nothing like a blog to keep you accountable to vague notions of DIY. Thank you all for your encouragement. A x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write, Ann x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails